The campus home of our youngest learners is our new Children’s House. Completed in 2014, this 12,500 square foot “green” building sits on a beautiful five-acre parcel in the historic neighborhood of South Natick. Reflecting the best practices of a Montessori education, the Children’s House is designed to accommodate 110 children aged 15 months through kindergarten.
- Four Primary (ages 3–5) classrooms: Birch, Maple, Oak and Elm
- One Pre-Lower Elementary classroom: Hickory
- Three Toddler (ages 15 months–3 years) classrooms: Tupelo, Willow, and Mulberry
- An indoor community playroom with soaring cathedral ceilings
- Enclosed outdoor classrooms/gardens for each classroom
- Conference room and administrative offices
- Library corner and reading nook
- Community-constructed outdoor playground
Our technology-rich, state-of-the-art facilities are all on one level and ADA compliant. The building features natural wood floors throughout and wide airy corridors with skylights that connect classrooms and shared spaces.
The spacious classrooms provide flexibility for teachers to individually tailor workspaces, with large windows for natural light and ventilation. Each classroom is linked to a dedicated outdoor learning space, where students can garden, play, and bring lesson materials or easels outside in nice weather. Each includes a bathroom and a kitchen nook with a small sink, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave—all perfectly sized for little learners.
In its design and its focus, this is truly the Children’s House!
Schedule Your Visit
The Riverbend educational experience is unlike any other and the best way to understand it is to see it in action. Arrange a tour today to see for yourself!