Mission & Philosophy
Within a collaborative and respectful community, Riverbend School develops curious, self-confident, and independent lifelong learners by using Montessori principles to help each child flourish socially and thrive academically.
At Riverbend, we believe that deep learning happens within a collaborative community built upon mutual respect. Our Montessori approach and low student-to-teacher ratios allow our highly-trained teachers to follow each child by developing personalized learning plans while also nurturing a strong sense of community. Every child is supported to grow academically, socially, and emotionally through:
- An individualized, academically challenging curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking and flexible problem solving
- Small, mixed-age classrooms which provide opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and leadership development
- Multi-year relationships with teachers which result in nurturing and mutually respectful partnerships
- Collaborative learning opportunities which build students’ teamwork and project-management skills
- Unique extracurricular programs which extend the school day and expose students to new experiences
Our students are joyful and purposeful in their work, and they become self-disciplined, self-assured learners who take control of their education. Our graduates are able to set their own compasses for lives filled with growth, meaning, and happiness. We believe that our teachers are the school’s most precious resource, and we endeavor to grant them professional development opportunities, appropriate teaching and learning environments, and professional autonomy, so that they can best deliver on their mission to nurture every child’s growth.