Tuition & Financial Assistance
2017 – 2018 Tuition Rates
|Toddler Program||Half Day (8:45am-12:30pm)||$19,500|
|Full Day (8:45am-3:15pm)||$26,400|
|Primary Program||Half Day (8:30am-12:40pm)||$17,400|
|Full Day (8:30am-3:00pm)||$20,750|
Applying for Financial Aid
Riverbend School offers need-based financial aid grants for all students enrolled in our Toddler Program through 8th grade. We use School and Student Services (SSS), which is administered by the National Association of Independent Schools, to process our financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you supply, SSS provides an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses, which helps our school make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2017-18 enrollment year, please follow the steps below.
1. You may begin your application for financial assistance by going to www.sssbynais.org after November 1, 2016. All Financial Aid applications must be submitted online.
2. Click on the prompt to begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Only one PFS is required per family even if you have more than one child applying to our school.
3. You will be given a username and password allowing you to complete your PFS at a later date before submitting it. This is an encrypted site to ensure security.
4. The Riverbend school code is 2967.
5. A PFS must also be completed by non-custodial parents along with supporting documentation.
Please be aware of an important change to the process this year:
Up until now, we required the prior year’s tax documents and information. We will now require Prior Prior Year (PPY) tax returns, meaning the returns for the year immediately preceding the last year (i.e., 2015 tax year). To complete the PFS, use actual dollar figures from your 2015 IRS 1040.
Also, to verify that there have been no material changes* in an applicant’s income since the PPY, we will also require Prior Year (PY) W-2s and/or 1099s (as applicable), before finalizing awards.
*A material change will mean any change in income that represents more than a 8% change in total family income.
The following tax forms are required and should be uploaded directly to SSS:
- 2015 IRS 1040 tax return and all supporting schedules
- 2015 & 2016 W-2’s and/or 1099-MISC forms (as applicable)
Note: To be considered for financial aid for the 2017-2018 school year, your completed application must be submitted by February 10, 2017. Financial Aid Applications can only be processed once our Admissions office has received the Admissions Application.
Key Dates in the Financial Aid Application process for New Applicants
By February 10, 2017:
- The Parent Financial Statement Application (PFS), including all supporting documentation, must be completed at www.sssbynais.org
By March 10, 2017:
- Decisions regarding financial aid are mailed to new families along with their acceptance letter and contract
By April 10, 2017:
- Signed grant letter, enrollment contract and tuition deposit are due back to Riverbend
For additional information, please contact:
Director of Finance & Operations
508.655.7333, ext. 100