Riverbend at a Glance
- 1907 – First Montessori program, Maria Montessori’s Casa dei Bambini (Children’s House) established in Rome, Italy
- 2010 – Riverbend School formed from the merger of Eliot Montessori School (1971–2010) and Natick Montessori (2000–2010)
- 212 students from 15 months through 8th grade
- 21% of students are from diverse ethnic backgrounds
- 24% of the student body receives tuition assistance. This represents financial aid for students in grades K-8, sibling discounts for families with three or more children enrolled, and tuition remission for full-time employees.
- 4.5:1 Toddler
- 9:1 Primary
- 10:1 Elementary
- 11:1 Middle School
Over 45% of faculty hold advanced degrees—our talented faculty are highly qualified; Toddler through Elementary teachers have been trained through accredited programs and granted American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association of Montessori Internationale (AMI) teaching certificates.
33% of faculty come from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
Our 12,500 square foot “green” Children’s House at 33 Eliot Street opened in 2014. It is home to our Toddler, Primary, and Kindergarten programs, and its five acre lot includes a playground and outdoor garden/play spaces for each classroom.
Our Upper School, located on the banks of the Charles River, is home to our Elementary and Middle Schools. Facilities include the stately John Eliot Building at 5 Auburn Street and Memorial Hall at 40 Eliot Street, as well as a playground, athletic fields, a courtyard, gardens, and a picnic area.
Administrative Offices house our Head of School, and the business, admissions, and marketing offices.
Our graduates go on to many of the nation’s top high schools and colleges.
Our students perform on a par with or above their peers at other independent schools on the CTP4, administered annually to students in Grades 4–8.